This was a second (and maybe last) chance for the company that delivers a five-product sample pack once a month for $10. The samples are chosen partly based on a profile you fill out and partly by someone who has no earthly idea who you are.
When the my first box came in February, I was disappointed. Nearly everything in it got a thumbs down. The saving grace was a large sample of Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant, which saved the month.
I was really sure I wouldn't like anything in this box either, wrapped in a pink Teen Vogue advertisement with promise that the contents inside would help me get ready for prom.
Really? My 20th high school reunion has come and gone. I didn't even go to my prom.
I braced for the worst and prepared to cancel my Birchbox subscription.
But it's pretty darned good.
It contained two full-size products: the Tarte LipSurgence lip tint I love in a color I don't have and an Essie nail police with silver glitter. I know I would have paid more than $10 for this stuff scouring the sample racks near the Sephora checkout counter.
Want to try Birchbox? Use this link. It's $10 a month, and you can opt out at any time.
Here's the complete list of products in my box:
- Annick Goutal, Petite Cherie (A blend of fresh, fruity notes and musk, this French fragrance is the definition of understated chic.)
- Essie, luxeffects (Layer this glittery top coat onto any polish for an eye-catching look.)
- Shiseido, Pureness Oil-Control Blotting Papers (These mattifying tissues are coated with transparent rice powder to leave your skin perfectly shine free)
- Tarte, LipSurgence lip tint (This long-lasting lip stain adds rich pigment and is designed to boost the moisture levels in your lips.)
- Twistband , Hair Tie (Give your ponytail a makeover with these colorful, snag-free elastics.)
- Coupon for $25 off $75 purchase at ModCloth
-- Tested by Shay